PASSED: EVMcrispr v0.3.x minor version sponsorship

Proposal Information

Proposal description:
We released the version 0.3.3 of EVMcrispr, with some fixes and new features.

New features:

• New command that introduces the ability to upgrade apps.
  • New syntax-sugar method to use agent’s execute function directly.
  • Gas price and gas limit can be specified now passing them to the forward function.
  • You can pass strings with spaces now to the console using double-quote notation.

Fixes:

• It now recognizes fixed-size array parameters, needed in some agent calls.
  • It now loads DAO apps even if some of them don’t have a reachable artifact.

Proposal Rationale
EVMcrispr is an open source software designed to interact with AragonOS DAOs such as GIVgarden. We are very glad GIVgarden is expanding and tweaking itself by using it, and we are eager to help as much as we can in this process.

This new version is needed for GIVgarden to upgrade it’s covenant using the EVMcrispr terminal, because the new version introduces the ability to encode strings with spaces in it, and the Giveth covenant title has them.

It is not necessary, but by sponsoring the 0.3.x minor branch, Giveth will help making the EVMcrispr project sustainable, and it will be able to choose the code name of the new versions. Giveth will also appear as a sponsor in the EVMcrispr website if it decides to. We will do great things together.

Expected duration or delivery date (if applicable):
The 0.3.3 version has already been delivered, and we can add a link to Giveth website when this proposal passes.

Team Information (For Funding Proposals)

• @sem - sembrestels in github
  • @paulo - PJColombo in github

Skills and previous experience in related or similar work:
We are the developer team behind EVMcrispr, and we work very close with the 1hive gardens swarm as well.

Funding Information (For Funding Proposals)

Amount of GIV requested:

7,000 GIV (~$5,219 at current price).

Ethereum address where funds shall be transferred:

0x8790B75CF2bd36A2502a3e48A24338D8288f2F15

More detailed description of how funds will be handled and used:

It will be swapped to DAI to cover Blossom Labs :cherry_blossom: team expenses.

5 Likes

This new version is needed for GIVgarden to upgrade it’s covenant using the EVMcrispr terminal, because the new version introduces the ability to encode strings with spaces in it, and the Giveth covenant title has them.

For reference this can also be done via the “EVM Executor” in the settings screen:

Oh you are right! I didn’t remember that the evm executor could upgrade the agreement! cc. @mitch.

I created a proposal in the DAO this morning without taking into account the advice process culture of waiting at least 5 days to gather the feedback of the people involved, in that case, the Giveth Community.

I canceled it, and we will open it again incorporating the feedback this proposal receives. This is expected for any proposal, and we do it in order to set a good standard for future proposals as well.

If the feedback is generally positive, we will open it again on January 6th.

3 Likes

Nice @sem! I think it would be amazing for Giveth to sponsor EVMcrispr! It has already helped us several times with your help!

Are you sure the amount of GIV requested is enough though?

2 Likes

It’s enough to sponsor a patch version, but after consulting with you and other people in the community I think it would be a good idea to request a “minor version” sponsorship for 5k instead.

This effectively means that Giveth would sponsor the entire 0.3.x branch. I update the proposal to take that into account.

3 Likes

Would love to sponsor EVMcrispr v0.3! Would def vote for this.

2 Likes

The proposal in GIVgarden has been created. It is requesting 7,000 GIV, approximately $5,000 at current price, for the Blossom Labs safe.

Giveth will appear as sponsor for all 0.3.x versions, and it will be able to choose the second word of the version codename. Here are some suggestions:

• evmcrispr “emerging giving” v0.3.x
  • evmcrispr “emerging good” v0.3.x
  • evmcrispr “emerging altruism” v0.3.x

0 voters

Feel free to propose yours!

The proposal passed and we are proud to announce Giveth as the first EVMcrispr sponsor! The link and codename will be present during all 0.3.x versions in the terminal as you can see here:

EVMcrispr terminal screenshot

The Giveth logo and link will be indefinitely present in the EVMcrispr README file:

Readme file screenshot

Thank you Giveth!

2 Likes

Passed and Executed in the GIVgarden here:
https://gardens.1hive.org/#/xdai/garden/0xb25f0ee2d26461e2b5b3d3ddafe197a0da677b98/proposal/3