GIVeconomy Working Group Proposal

The GIVeconomy working group is here, at your service, doing the things Giveth wants us to do related to GIV. It is led by me, @karmaticacid, and I just run around and try to make sure whatever we promise - whether to our donors and referrers via rewards, our liquidity providers, or people who give us grants to make GIV do something for them - is fulfilled. A lot of this - like GIVbacks distribution - runs like a well-oiled machine thanks to rockstars like @WhyldWanderer @mitch and @NikolaCreatrix, but some things like adding Optimism chain require some debate, coordination & discussion.

Goals

Our main goals for the next 3 month period are related to maintenance and fulfillment of our existing GIV-related programs, and satisfying the requirements of our Optimism GIVbacks / GIVpower grant. This includes the following:

• Project review, listing/unlisting, verification
  • Calculating and distributing GIVbacks every round
  • Improving GIV distribution to users of our Referral program
  • Calculating and distributing $nice every round
  • Maintaining the GIVstream, including our token distro
  • Maintaining GIVpower staking and rewards
  • Maintaining RegenFarms
  • User support related to GIVeconomy questions
  • Launching GIVbacks & GIVpower on Optimism
  • Marketing and communications around existing GIVeconomy products

We may also need some additional bandwidth to absorb things that will inevitably get thrown at us as a result of user feedback, fundraising promises or organic product interest such as:

• Adding new RegenFarms
  • Adding GIVbacks or GIVpower to other chains
  • Improving the Giveth Referral Program

Team and Resources

Duration :hourglass_flowing_sand:

A lot of what we do is business as usual - things like project review, user support, GIVbacks and $nice distribution, and ongoing communications about GIV. These things are expected to go on and on into the foreseeable future of Giveth. The only existing major product changes include adding Optimism to GIVbacks and GIVpower, and this product is expected to finish development and testing and move to maintenance mode by the latest September 2023.

Season 1 (3 Month) Deliverables & Budgeting

The DAO will have the opportunity to vote on which budget and corresponding deliverables the WG will focus on for the next 3 months. There are three options:

• Grow - Increase the current scope and budget.
  • Sustain - Maintain the current scope and budget.
  • Shrink - Reduce the current scope and budget.

Grow :arrow_up:

What we will do :white_check_mark:

• Calculate and distribute GIVbacks & $nice every round
  • Maintain GIVpower staking rewards
  • Maintain FOX/xDAI RegenFarms, and CULT RegenStream
  • Launch GIVbacks & GIVpower on Optimism
  • Update documentation
  • Regular “GIVbacks are out” tweets & emails
  • Social media campaigns on GIVbacks & GIVpower to increase usage
  • Improve autopilot emails for projects, including showing updates in the email
  • Improve Giveth referral program UX showing total amount earned & number of referees
  • Targeted influencer marketing for Giveth referral program
  • Build new products - including new Regen Farms - as needed
Breakdown Estimated S1 Cost
Contributor Costs $31,046
Other costs $0
Total for S1 $31,046

Sustain :arrow_right:

• Update documentation

What we won’t do :x:

• Improve Giveth referral program UX showing total amount earned & number of referees
Contributor Costs $23,031
Other costs $0
Total for S1 $23,031

Shrink :arrow_down:

• Update documentation

What we won’t do :x:

Contributor Costs $18,927
Other costs $0
Total for S1 $18,927

Approval Process

This WGP will remain available and open for Advice Process for 7 days, after which it will move to a Snapshot vote to decide the approved budget and scope.

3 Likes

Thanks for this great proposal!

However I’m curious if there are any costs such as servers, RPC endpoints, sub-graph, domains etc… that we are paying for to keep the GIVeconomy running.

I know @geleeroyale would probably have a good idea.

I’m also curious by what you mean as “Build new products” - were you planning to build new products in the next 3 months?

Is project listing/unlisting and verification in the scope of the GIVeconomy working group?

It would be helpful in subsequent proposals to understand if you need any budget in GIV to for example top up any rewards program such as GIVpower

I can work with Kay to include some of these costs in this proposal as well.

Not planning, but none of this is my “plan” anyway. Some org may come to us and want us to build a new RegenFarm for them. Or fundraising may promise some chain integration for GIVbacks and GIVpower that will eventually fall on my plate. These things happen all the time, so we can either day “Sorry, GIVeconomy WG only does this much and no more” or we can include some buffer for the inevitable trickle down of work.

I included it because it relates to GIVbacks and GIVpower, but it is already considered, I can remove it and reduce the budget.

I suppose, but is it really better to lump all of that data into one long and complicated forum proposal… or break it down? Consider the last GIV request for GIVpower… there are estimates of biweekly rewards, APRs, how these numbers are calculated… I’m not sure we should box all proposals under “WG scope” because it gets harder to digest and harder to make decisions on.

2 Likes

Snapshot Vote is live

1 Like

The people voted sustain: Snapshot

Hey @karmaticacid - Looks like this Season Proposal was for 3 months and should have ended on October 17th - when can the DAO expect the next Season proposal for the GIVeconomy?

Hey @karmaticacid - Looks like this Season Proposal was for 3 months and should have ended on October 17th - today is February 6, this WGP is long overdue… when can the DAO expect the next Season proposal?