Home Office Allowance Proposal 2022

Proposal Information

Proposal description:
This is a proposal to fund Home Office Allowance for full-time Giveth contributors who have worked for Giveth since October 2021.

Proposal Rationale
The proposed Home Office Allowance aims to cover the extra costs incurred by working from home. Remote work entails tools and expenditures necessary for contributors to effectively perform their tasks and roles. This will help ensure that the contributors’ home office is set up properly so they can focus better and ideally improve/increase productivity.

Proposal Timeline
We would like to put this up for advice process for a week, then if it seems like we have the support to pass it, the people listed below would have until February 24th to get their receipts for their home office improvements to Freshelle (me), and we will post for reimbursement after we have that total.

Team Information

Full-time Giveth contributors who have worked since October 2021
Mateo, Lauren, Ashley, Amin, Mohammad Ranjbar, Moenick, Ramin, Cherik, Carlos

Funding Information

Amount of GIV requested: Up to $9,000 worth of GIV (maximum $1,000 per contributor)
Ethereum address where funds shall be transferred: 0x839395e20bbB182fa440d08F850E6c7A8f6F0780
More detailed description of how funds will be handled and used:
For transparency purposes, I would be tracking the expenses in this spreadsheet: Home Office Allowance - Giveth
Eligible contributors will send a breakdown of what they’ll purchase, amount value in USD, and the receipts of their purchases.

4 Likes
  • Sounds Great
  • Bad Idea
  • Needs more thought… will post an idea below
  • Abstain

0 voters

2 Likes

Thank you so much @Griff and @freshelle !! It’s so nice that we can build out our spaces!!

2 Likes

It’s great and so generous, I feel so appreciated by this proposal, it would be great if we can also consider some facilities for other contributors, it might be in loan form. I know for example Mo needs a good PC which I love to buy him to boost our team performance :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s great and helpful.
Thank you so much @Griff and @freshelle.

2 Likes

Does this apply to new contributors in the future? How long should pass until they become eligible for this?

Based here, full-time contributors would be eligible for home office allowance after four months. Would appreciate to hear your thoughts on this @Griff

I think this is a one off proposal, but maybe we do it every year?

2 Likes

I think it’s super cool and generous & that the idea arose out of our team’s current needs. I prefer to let it arise organically as an as-needed thing.

2 Likes

Really cool and generous! Thanks a lot @Griff and @freshelle

1 Like

Is Mitch not a full time contributor? Or just that he’s considered a part of general magic?

Mitch is part of General Magic

We will be extending the deadline for the receipts until March 3

1 Like

Receipts have been submitted (and some even shared photos of their upgraded home office. So cool!)
Griff reimbursed these purchases in xDAI. Here’s the transaction link: Transaction 0x94579469ceef9004e61161d79de13945798ea2e1394753073b72ce6bc576b61a - Gnosis Chain Explorer

The vote is up on nrGIV DAO.

https://aragon.1hive.org/#/nrgiv/0x749cccd03c00110cf76f4e009c6eaf59b5f2bd0e/vote/64/

6971.97 - DAI requested
GIVprice - 0.464960720458072
blocknumber - 21020531
6971.97 DAI / 0.464960720458072
14994.7505095298 GIV requested

3 Likes