Q2 2023 Update! | DAO Treasury Management for Giveth Multisigs

GM! Looks like the investments going GREAT :-D! icETH was a GREAT move!

We have about $250k (excluding GIV) in our multisig! AMAZING!

I want to ask for some help.

I am suffering a bit of a liquidity crunch because of a lack of client income from GM and an investment of resources into Optimism. RetroPGF will reward us (hopefully) for the work we have done this last quarter, but now we are in a tight spot until March when RetroPGF rewards are flowing.

Is it possible to request that Giveth cover 80% of costs with it’s treasury for the next few months?

I would propose we reassess in March when we all (Giveth, Pairwise, Praise, Giveth House, Regen Score, Commons Stack, Grants Management, RetroPGF Community, etc) have rewards flowing to us from RetroPGF3 and can cover their own costs.

Our range from around $70,000-$120,000 depending on how much we contract with General Magic, and how many hours are charged by our hourly contributors (which we should try to reduce in the short run).

We also have Income coming in! 5 ETH Just today were won by ENS small grants, and we shoudl get ~$10k from polygon for running their QF round, as well as, hopefully we can find more GM clients for Giveth contributors to support.

If we can keep costs low for the next few months, 80% of our costs will be around $60k a month and we should be able to cover November, December, January and February without major issues, especially if we continue with our other revenue streams: QF, Grants, & Consulting via GM.

Thoughts?

5 Likes

I support that Giveth should shoulder 80% of costs in the next months, and reimbursing @Griff 80% of non-GIV tokens. Griff has been more than generous to receive GIV tokens as reimbursement for the compensations costs of our contributors. It’s likely he won’t sell the GIV tokens he receives and I believe Giveth has the capacity right now, so I strongly support this proposal.

3 Likes

This is you requesting, so THAT’s possible :wink:

Can Giveth’s treasury pay out $240,000 over the next 4 months?

In order to say yes I would like to know:

• Present Treasury balance
  • What percentage of the Treasury is requested for this proposal?
  • What tokens would you propose we pull out of which multisigs for that?
  • Staking rewards or other value being generated by Treasury holdings that will be impacted?
  • Would this be in GIV tokens and can we estimate any token price impact if that will be liquidated?
2 Likes