Buidl on Polygon QF Rounds Results (Jan 15-24, 2024)

hey guys d pex here.
We believe the grant allocated to us is fair and matches what we expected.
Thanks for running the campaign. Do we know when distributions are?

1 Like

Hi @karmaticacid,

Thanks for the update.

I hope this message finds you well. We conducted a review and noticed a discrepancy in the matching of donations. Out of 43 generous contributions, only 26 have been successfully matched, primarily from friends and family of the Anu Initiative core team.

We have taken diligent steps to ensure that each donor is a unique individual, with a confirmed humanity score of at least 4 on the Gitcoin Passport, adhering to the standards required for matching. Given these precautions, we were optimistic that at least 35 donations would qualify for matching.

During our campaign, we encountered situations where some supporters, including those not familiar with cryptocurrency (non-crypto-native users) or without custodial wallets, expressed their willingness to contribute. To facilitate their donations, we assisted in setting up necessary digital wallet arrangements. For instance, to enable my mother’s contribution, I helped her establish a new MetaMask wallet, achieve a humanity score of 4, and acquire MATIC for donating through Giveth. Similarly, I onboarded several other friends and family members to support our cause.

Given the above context, we are keen to understand the reasons behind the limited number of matched donations. We believe that a detailed review of each case might shed light on this issue and help us address any gaps in our approach.

Would Giveth be amenable to a collaborative review session where we can examine each donation individually to ascertain why some were not matched? Such an initiative would greatly aid us in refining our processes and ensuring broader support for our future endeavors.

We appreciate your attention to this matter and look forward to your guidance and support.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Kindly,
Daniel of Anu Initiative

Thanks @decentralizedperpetu! The funds will be distributed I hope within a week. The projects will need to first submit & pass KYC with the Polygon Village team before we get the OK from them to send funds out to the addresses listed on the spreadsheet for the projects. You should have gotten an email from them w/ this process (and any deadlines).

thank you for your reply.
we submitted the request to their form but yet to receive an email to submit kyc. hopefully they won’t take too long. these matic are going to be worth much more and we’ll get less if they take longer to distribute based on US dollar value…

Hey @DanielofAnu, the donations for this QF round have been extensively analyzed. Some donations do not count towards directing the matching funds for a variety of reasons - passport score not above 4, address found by recirculating funds, colluding or participating in other fraudulent activities.

Unfortunately, QF is a cat-and-mouse game with sybil attackers, so we are not able to disclose the exact details of our analysis processes. This is standard practice.

I mentioned to their team that DPEX hadn’t yet received the KYC email. They will look into it :slight_smile: The matching funds will be paid out in MATIC.

Edit: They got back to me and said the email was sent to your c…e@…x.io email.

Thank you!
We received the link that sends us to the form. We haven’t received the KYC after completing the form if that makes sense. In which case I think we need to wait.

yes! I think you just have to wait in this case. if you filled out their form, you’ll be hearing back from the Village team.

Hey everyone!

Thank you for all of your comments and feedback. We have made the appropriate adjustments to the results and the matching funds have been recalculated. You can see the new results in the tab “Polygon Final Results” in the same spreadsheet. The old results remain there, for reference.

We won’t be making further modifications to these results.

Project owners, please remember to complete the KYC process with Polygon Village if you wish to receive your allocated matching funds.

I’ll post another comment here once the matching funds have been sent out (ETA mid next week).

Thank you all for your participation!

Edit March 18, 2024:

A summary of the changes made is as follows:

• Adjusted the Jokerace multiplier of 1 project
  • Allocated matching to 3 projects that were previously omitted
  • Added projects onto the list who received at least 1 donation in the round (even if they get 0 matching)
  • Performed one additional fraud check & made appropriate changes

Hello, unfortunately we were not alerted to this post till now. Our project Gangster Games received US96.74 from 9 unique wallets but does not appear on this list. Other projects with less in donations have received as much as 10,000.- Please clarify. Thank you! Project is here: Gangster Games |<!-- --> Giveth

Hi @jglicksberg - none of the donations your project received were eligible for matching. Either passport score was not about 4, or the address was flagged & disqualified in the data analysis phase.

Gangster Games is on line 139:

Hey everyone,

The feedback & adjustments phase has ended, and we won’t be making further changes at this point. I won’t be responding to any further requests to look at individual cases & projects, so please refer to the above discussion for more insight.

Thanks again for all your feedback!

1 Like

Thanks Giveth team and @karmaticacid for all the hard work. :herb:

1 Like

Hi @karmaticacid thanks for getting back to me. Generally, I don’t get it. The numbers on your excel do not match what is shown on our project page which shows 10 donations total $96.74. You have rewarded projects with far fewer donations, even sometimes 1. I understand you want to close the discussion. Thats ok, thank you!

Hi @jglicksberg - Your project’s “All time raised” is not the same as the “amount raised within the Buidl on Polygon round”… you need to select the “Buidl on Polygon#1” tab to see the in-round donations, which, as you can see, matches the information in the spreadsheet.

And even though your project had 7 donations in the round, none of them were eligible for matching. Most were not eligible because the donor did not verify a gitcoin passport score of above 4.

I appreciate your polite communication! I’m sorry that these donations were not eligible, but there’s really nothing I can do. If you participate in QF rounds in the future, be sure to communicate with your community about the importance of verifying their passport.

When can we expect to get the QF funds, however small it is?

The first batch of payments for projects that have been approved by Polygon’s KYC is being sent today (possibly tomorrow, depending on multisig signers).

For the remaining projects, we will be sending another batch of payments as soon as we get the approved list from the Polygon Village team.

Ok, once sent, kindly inform everyone here so that we can check. One person doing the whole Polygon QF from Giveth side is commendable but made the process way too slow.

Hey everyone!

The first batch of payments to projects in the Buidl on Polygon QF round has been sent.

If you have submitted KYC but did not yet receive funds, don’t worry! Polygon Village is still reviewing your applications. Once they send us the next list of approved projects, we will be sending funds to you.

Excited to see how projects put these funds to work! Remember to add an update to your Giveth project to keep your donors in the loop on how you are using their donations.

1 Like

The second batch of funds projects has been sent.

Thanks everyone for your participation.