Crazy idea: Stream as a Service. GIViverse -> multiverse (now called "RegenFarms")

how do we effectively create the transition of degen to regen? by incentivizing deep liquidity we make GIV cheap and easy to get meaning GIVbacks as a primary means of acquiring GIV can be easily circumvented. I think if degens want to come and play the farming game we should have an effective way of them contributing to empowering for-good projects.

1 Like

Mockup for the GIVfrens.
Card 1 shows active farm
Card 2 coming soon
Card 3 flipped card with more info of our frens

@willy

3 Likes

We have an open issue for making a better name for this. Ideas welcome: https://github.com/Giveth/giveth-planning/issues/501

1 Like

love the flipped card!!!

2 Likes

countdown and flipped card looks great! thank you @markop

One q: What would the user click to flip the card?

Here’s the draft spec (WIP) if anyone wants a sneak peak: https://www.notion.so/giveth/Giveth-Multiverse-119dee420bc145edb82d413fe6c850c9

Still need to update the spec to incorporate the card flipping

1 Like

I added a small info icon after posting these screens. Top right user click on it, when flipped there is x icon to close/flip back.

1 Like

I also think if we can flip ideas like token vesting and brand them as a stream then stuff like “deposit fees” can easily be transformed into something exciting - we have a lot of excellent creatives in the community.

I feel very strongly about levying some sort of revenue from degens that benefit Giveth and for-good projects, otherwise at this point in the game our motto of degen to regen seems to sit on some very thin arguments.

1 Like

@mitch I like this idea. I would also recommend if we can, adding a “payback period” calculator on the front end, so those entering a degen pool understand how quickly it would pay itself back at the current price / APY and the deposit fee.

Example:
Deposit fee 1%
APR/APY: 365%/3678.39%
Payback time ~1 day

2 Likes

How hard would it be to implement GIVfrens for GIVbacks on a project?

As in, if I have a verified project getting donations on Giveth, add my own token to stream as a reward for donors in addition to their GIV.

1 Like

It’s a good question/idea. I know Elk is potentially interested in this too. Are you thinking 1hive or another project could potentially be interested in this?

While slightly different, one thing that we are prioritizing is giving projects the ability to donate their tokens to a matching pool (similar to how Gitcoin grants does this currently).

1 Like

Was just DM’ing with @mitch and we agreed to revisit the idea of adding an entry fee for degens into the multiverse. The plan is to meet in the Platform Voice channel at 9:30am MST tomorrow to hear arguments for both sides and see if we can get consensus on the monetization strategy for the Multiverse. If not, we can make a poll in the forum and leave it up to vote, and/or get some feedback from projects on what they would prefer. Hope to see you all there, especially those that have expressed strong feelings on this topic (@karmaticacid & @hotl.eth). If you want to make it and 9:30am MST is not a good time, please lmk.

Two leading monetization strategies:

1. Charge projects 2% of total rewards
    A. 1% to Giveth’s Treasury
    B. 1% to the GIVmatching pool

2. Charge a deposit fee to farmers when they deposit assets into a RegenFarm.
    Example:
    Deposit fee 1%
    APR/APY: 365%/3678.39%
    Payback time ~1 day

I think a hybrid would be cool, 1% of rewards goes to the Giveth Treasury so we can build Liquidity with $GIV, 1% of the deposit goes to donation.eth so its not a fee, its a donation to charity.

2 Likes

Charge Projects = Charge DAO’s/organizations, not charge non-profits, right?

1 Like

yes, the terminology is getting muddled but I think Willy means crypto-projects that have their own token and want to create their own farming instance.

2 Likes

exactly what @mitch said, ty for clarifying :pray: def not charging non-profits or mutual aid orgs!!

Hey @willy I just edited the title to reflect recent naming conversations :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah I think 1Hive would be interested - we’re experimenting with ways to raise stablecoins for swarms now without selling HNY.

1 Like