DApp Development Circle: Proposed Goals

The proposed goals of the Giveth DApp Development Circle are as follow:

• Develop Open Source Donation Applications that serve as efficient, free bridges between Givers and Makers, using the revolutionary funding opportunities of the cryptospace.
  • Reward Public Goods Value-Creation, creating an “economy of giving” by rewarding donations to legitimate social and environmental impact projects.
  • Build DApps by and for the Community, offering governance rights to Givers on the platform, and maintaining a high level of transparency to support a network of similar projects.
  • Improve Accessibility of Blockchain Technology by engineering and continually adapting intuitive interfaces and powerful user experiences to make donating easy, rewarding and effective.

Would love to know how you all feel about these goals? I think it’s a good starting place… Would love to see something written about a goal of contributors and developers having opportunities for growth as well as the support (and compensation) they need to do so. What do you think?

3 Likes

Looks great, Lauren! Some edits:

Is there a mission statement to go along with this at the top?

In the second bullet, are we referring to our GIVbacks program? If so, I would replace “legitimate” with “verified”. And are there perhaps projects outside of the scope of social and environmental welcome on the platform? If so, that verbiage may be too limiting. Could update it to “verified impact projects”. I would remove the quotes from “economy of giving” and instead capitalize like Economy of Giving.

• Reward Public Goods Value-Creation, creating an “economy of giving” by rewarding donations to legitimate social and environmental impact projects.

Remove comma after “platform”.

• Build DApps by and for the Community, offering governance rights to Givers on the platform, and maintaining a high level of transparency to support a network of similar projects.
1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions Forest! I’ll add those in!

No mission statement yet… I’ll create on after getting a little more feedback on this.

For reference in case anyone else prefers to add comments directly… the notion with the text is here: Notion – The all-in-one workspace for your notes, tasks, wikis, and databases.

1 Like

Mission: To transparently build and develop powerful tools and applications on the blockchain that create intuitive bridges between Givers & for-good projects, rewarding all parties and giving rise to an Economy of Giving.

1 Like