ENS Builders' QF Round (March 25-April 8, 2024)

GM everyone!

The Giveth and ENS PG teams are thrilled to announce the successful completion of the ENS Builders quadratic funding round! This round has been an incredible journey of community support and collaboration, focused on funding public goods projects with teams of 5 or less.

This QF round was funded by the ENS Public Goods Working Group (sponsoring a matching pool of $20,000 DAI on OP Mainnet), and run and hosted by Giveth.

Quick Summary

• Matching Pool: $20,000 DAI on OP Mainnet
  • Round Duration: March 25th - April 8, 2024
  • Total Donations: 412
  • Unique Donors: 138
  • Total USD Value of Donations: $7,503
  • Tokens Donated: GIV, ETH, OP, ARB, MATIC, xDAI, USDC, USDT, FOX, USDGLO
  • Eligible Donation Networks: Ethereum Mainnet, Gnosis, Polygon, OP Mainnet, Arbitrum One
  • Eligible Projects: 34

To see the final results including all projects, amounts raised, and matching funds, check out this sheet:

Analysis Breakdown

Projects eligible for funding were those actively building public goods with teams of 5 of less. To participate, projects needed to get “verified” on Giveth, and the provide additional information through a form. The ENS public goods WG reviewed the final submissions and selected the final list of projects to participate in the round. The purpose of this round was to support for public goods builders, ensuring funding going to small, impactful initiatives.

Only donations from addresses with a Gitcoin passport score of 5 or more, with a value of $0.90 USD or more, were considered eligible for matching. Recirculated donations (funds that went from donor to project & back, or project to donor & back) were disqualified, as were donations found to be part of sybil attacks (h/t to Trustalabs who supported us in the data processing).

Final Remarks & Takeaways

The ENS Builders Round has been a great success, thanks to the dedication and generosity of the community. We sincerely thank all donors and participants who made this round possible.

This forum post will remain active for at least 3 business days to allow for community feedback and questions regarding the results (with a sister post in ENS’s Forum). Barring any issues, Giveth send the matching funds out to the project addresses listed in the spreadsheet above.

If you have any inquiries or require further clarification on the matching results, please feel free to leave a comment on this forum post. Project owners - please check that your OP Mainnet address in the spreadsheet is correct!

Stay tuned for more updates and future rounds as we continue to support and foster innovation within the ENS ecosystem!

Also major praise to @koday for co-authoring this post!

6 Likes

Thanks for sharing @karmaticacid!

I want to give a huge shoutout to all the devs who helped us smoothly operate this round, all 34 projects for participating, and especially everyone who contributed! Quite literally none of this would be possible without all of you.

Also a big thank you to the ENS Public Goods Working Group for sponsoring the matching pool and being a pleasure to work with.

Keep an eye out for more round announcements and QF developments coming soon!

2 Likes

Can someone explain what is UNIQUE DONORS?
And what must be done to become UNIQUE?
Where does the difference between TOTAL DONORS and UNIQUE DONORS come from?

1 Like

Hey @pryvigo thanks for your question! I can provide some clarity around those figures:

Total donations: The total number of donation transactions that went to the 34 projects during the round.
Unique donors: The number of addresses who donated and were eligible to have their donations matched. This means a Passport score over 5, donation amount over $0.90, and not deemed to be a Sybil or recirculation address during our data analysis process.

Many addresses donate more than once; thus the total donations number will always be greater than the unique donors number. Example: I donated to 4 projects, which would add 4 total donations, but I am only 1 unique donor.

I hope this helped and feel free to reach out with any other questions :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Thank you for your reply. Now everything is clear :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Hello and thanks!
Can I get more clarification on why some of our donors have not been considered unique donors?
I onboarded most of them personally and I am curious to know what went wrong.

1 Like

Hey everyone! :tada:

We’re over the moon to have snagged the 2nd position in the ENS Builders QF Round! :rocket:

A massive shoutout to the amazing teams at Giveth and ENS PG for putting together such a fantastic initiative, and a huge thanks to all the incredible donors who backed our project, ReFi Medellin :bouquet:. Your support means the world to us and gives us the fuel to keep pushing toward our mission :earth_americas: :heart_hands:

We’re absolutely beaming with pride to have come out on top as the project with the most total and unique donors—30 and 23, respectively! :1st_place_medal: Your trust and support are what keep us going, and we’re dedicated to making every donation count. :moneybag:

A heartfelt thank you to each and every one of you who believed in our project and contributed to its success. Your support not only lights up our day but also underscores the power of community-driven initiatives in making positive change happen. :star2:

We’re committed to making the most out of every donation received and will continue to strive for excellence in all our endeavors. :herb::sparkles:

Once again, a massive thank you for your unwavering support and belief in our vision. Together, we’re an unstoppable force! :raised_hands:

Warmest regards,

.________________________
ReFi Medellin Team :purple_heart:

5 Likes

Hey @mettodo! I responded in your support ticket.

1 Like

Hey everyone!

Thanks for all your feedback on the results. We found 4 donor addresses whose donations should have been included, so updated the results.

There is a new tab in the above spreadsheet call “Final Results” where you can see the (new) and final distribution. The old distribution can be seen on the tab “Results (Old)”.

Please have a final look, as we will be distributing the matching funds within the next couple of days.

1 Like

Hey everyone! The funds from the ENS Builders Round have been distributed!

Project owners, you will have received the funds (DAI) directly in your wallets on Optimism. You can check the tx here.

Thank you so much for your participation!

1 Like