GIV-a-Palooza Round Results & Wrap-up (September 10 - 24, 2024)

GM everyone!

The Giveth team is thrilled to announce the successful completion of the GIV-a-Palooza quadratic funding festival! The vibes were high this round and we could not be more excited with the awesome participating projects and the donor turnout we saw in these 2 weeks.

Before we dive into the numbers, I’d like to give a HUGE shoutout to our amazing sponsors who made this round possible. We sincerely thank you for your dedication to funding public goods and for helping us raise a matching pool of 25,000 USDGLO. Thank you to Gains, Public Nouns, Glo Dollar, MUX Protocol, & Jones DAO.

Quick Summary

Matching Pool: 25,000 USDGLO on Base

Round Duration: September 10 - 24, 2024

Eligible Projects: 106

Total Donations: 2,393

Unique Donors: 494

Total USD Value of Donations: $26,826

Tokens Donated: USDGLO, CELO, USDC, ETH, GIV, OP, MATIC, XDAI, ARB, & more!

Eligible Donation Networks: Ethereum Mainnet, Gnosis, Polygon PoS, OP Mainnet, Arbitrum One, Polygon zkEVM, Solana, Ethereum Classic, Celo, Base, Stellar

The final results including all projects, amounts raised, and matching funds can be found here:

GIV-a-Palooza Final Matching Results (EXTERNAL)

IMPORTANT: GIV-a-Palooza project owners - PLEASE double-check your BASE address!

Project Eligibility

The eligibility requirements for this round were as follows:

This round was similar to a regular Giveth Public Goods QF round where verified projects are nominated by Giver NFT holders. However, this round had the added benefit of including 501c3 Non-profits from our recently completed Endaoment integration. This Integration gave over 3000 non-profits access to 24/7 crypto donations via Giveth, and Endaoment projects were able to fill out an interest form to join this QF round as well. To read more about the Endaoment partnership check out our blog post.

Data Analysis/Breakdown

The GIV-a-Palooza round was our 4th time using COCM to determine the matching funds distribution. COCM leads to a more democratic distribution of funds, favoring projects with a more diverse set of donors, and significantly dampening the effects of Sybil attacks and collusion.

Here is the distribution of matching funds by project:

We are very excited about continuing to use COCM in Giveth QF rounds and are pleased to see results that benefit the majority of projects! Major praise to Umar Khan, Glen Weyl, Joel Miller and the Gitcoin team for their incredible work developing COCM, and their support on implementing this within Giveth.

Project Stats

Here are the top 10 projects in the GIV-a-Palooza Round by matching with some additional stats:

*’Match per unique donor’ is the matching divided by the total number of unique addresses that donated to the project

The ‘Match per unique donor’ metric is particularly interesting since COCM rewards donors who support a diverse set of projects. This means that projects that have a higher “match per unique donor” had a donor base that supported a broader range of projects.

Final Remarks & Next Steps

The GIV-a-Palooza Round has been a resounding success, thanks to the dedication and generosity of our community. We sincerely thank all quadratic force members, donors, and participants who made this round possible.

This forum post will remain active for a minimum of 3 business days to allow for community feedback and questions regarding the results. Following the advice process, we’ll ratify the results with a vote in Snapshot. Friendly reminder that you can stake your GIV for GIVpower (and lock it to multiply) on Gnosis Chain, Optimism or Polygon zkEVM to participate in this and upcoming votes.

Project owners are encouraged to verify their project details (especially their Base recipient addresses!) and donation amounts to ensure accuracy.

If you have any inquiries or require further clarification on the matching results, please comment on this forum post or contact me or @karmaticacid directly.

5 Likes

Hi @koday , Thank you very much for all this summary of the round. First of all I’d like to thanks to all the team because these opportunities to fund public goods are unique. However, my comment is regarding the project that I lead ‘The 5AM Society’, a project that creates a space each day for personal growth and to promote mental health in the Society. We have posted an update of the project if you want to know more about it The 5 AM Society |<!-- --> Giveth . And in this opportunity, I comment here because watching the metrics I see that the expected matching for the project won’t be reached by far

In the last hours of the QF round we saw an estimated matching near $2k, as shown bellow

This was attachable with hard work as the community members wanted to help but most of them didn’t know how to use the platform, so we actually went to most of community members’ houses to onboard. We instruct them on how to obtain Gitcoin Passports, authenticate as real people and vote. We explain them about the donation mechanisms and actually told them about the Givback raffle and how much we were growing with each donation. However when I see our ranking I realise that all this work was not valued as it was not counted. Could you help us to review this specific case and explain the ranking? I appreciate a lot your collaboration! :pray:

1 Like

I LOVE WHEN DONATIONS OUTSCORE THE MATCHING POOL, just makes me tingle inside! :star_struck:

3 Likes

Hey @Andresforigua.eth!

First off I want to congratulate you on all the incredible work you did onboarding your community to donate and educating them about gitcoin passport and QF-eligibility, I know how much work goes into that an how difficult it can be to onboard new members into the crypto community.

I had a look at the data, and it looks like nearly all of the donations to your project qualified for matching (I think 51 of the approx. 54 total donations counted)… but the total matching funds allocated was relatively low because the majority of donors (I think all but 4) only donated to The 5am Society.

We use COCM to calculate the matching distributions for Giveth QF rounds and have done this for the last 4 rounds. Check out that link to read more about it but, in short, with COCM, donors who give to a more unique set of projects have a higher impact on the matching funds. Since most of your donors only gave to your project, their impact on the overall distribution was relatively low.

Happy to answer any questions.

1 Like

The vote to validate this distribution on Snapshot is here: Snapshot

Hello, Thank you all for the hard work that has made this possible.
I only have one question;
When exactly should we expect matching funds to be distributed to project owners?

Well Done, Giveth!
Thank you for releasing the results on time. We are thrilled to see how small donations can multiply through Quadratic Funding (QF) to touch so many lives. The Helpers Foundation’s cause has demonstrated that the Giveth community truly cares about the well-being of children. Together, we’re making a powerful impact!

2 Likes

Hey, i hope you are well.
When exactly will the matching funds be distributed?

1 Like

The snapshot vote just passed today so we will set up the distribution now.

I bet it will be distributed by the end of Monday :slight_smile:

What are the specific time lines? I feel this is not made clear. Where else can i get quick responses in case i have more questions?

Just for clarity, did you say end of today or Monday?