👑 Giveth Ambassadors Program 👑

Hello dear DAO

We’re building a Giveth Ambassador Program (:tada:) and this is a post dedicated to share the details so far, with the intention of gathering your initial thoughts & feedback.

As many of you may know, in the Web3 Space several DAOs, projects & protocols count with ambassador programs to grow their communities, therefore grow their product adoption.
Worldwide ‘ambassadors’ willing to dedicate some time & get rewarded, organize workshops, lead talks & more in order to achieve specific growth goals.

We did a complete research around several Web3 Ambassador Programs in case you want to dig into some of these examples.

Why to create a Giveth Ambassador Program?

Giveth counts with great Web3 tools & innovations, starting with an amazing fundraising platform. The number of users taking advantage of these tools could be much bigger!

The Giveth’s mission & vision is very powerful & engaging. We all have experienced the joy of representing this cause even without anyone asking us to do it. Why not spreading this fulfilling & world changing spirit to others for them to replicate creating a multiplier effect.

The work so far

We had a great Climate Fresk session where Lucille, ambassador of the program, shared insights on how the program has 25 thousand facilitators in 50 different countries even without receiving reward$. You can check the notes and recording of the session here.

With the feedback received by Lucille, team synchs & the programs research, we created some initial goals for a three months trial period program.

Ambassador Program Goals (3 months)

• Onboard 10 ambassadors
  • Launch 3 local chapters (potential regions: Barcelona, Costa Rica, Mx, Us, Br)
  • Donors growth of 3%.
  • Discord Community growth in 5%
    • Will measure by Discord unique links

Ambassadors Goals (3 months)

• Onboard 3 projects that become verified.
  • Get 30 dollars in donations made by donors that you onboarded
  • Onboard 5 people to Discord
  • Onboard 1 ambassadors

The program contributes to the Giveth community building & engagement growth in different regions. It identifies profiles willing to contribute and promote Giveth’s mission by bringing in non-profits & social impact organizations, as well as potential donors.

Next Steps

1. Get community feedback (YOU) about this first approach & ideas to build Giveth’s own program.
  2. Define program rewards
  3. Create program materials (decks & presentations)
  4. Launch.

Giveth Ambassadors Program is a good idea?

• yes, I see potential
  • no I don’t think so
  • I have comments or concerts (and I’ll write them below)
  • Abstain

0 voters

Check out this Notion page for more info regarding the program.

10 Likes

:purple_heart: Praise to the team involved in this effort! @Cotabe @WhyldWanderer @aabugosh @Cori @NikolaCreatrix @Franco

4 Likes

Although as you mention, an ambassador program can undoubtedly have unprecedented growth within the protocol and discord, you should also have specific goals, perhaps monthly for the ambassadors so that you can have an ROI of time or Dao money, as you mention Helping Giveth undoubtedly brings immense joy. I know as a contributor that I was, I suggest suggesting some easy ways to bring more people/projects/communities on board, seeing the attractions that Giveth has, which in turn would be good to complement with learning material (understood as post, videos)

2 Likes

Thanks for presenting this @OyeAlmond.
I have a question about who the ambassadors will be. I assume they are folks not already in the Giveth community, or, to more precisely, they are not regularly rewarded contributors. So, my question is: where do we find them? Who are they meant to be (under the structure that you’ve brainstormed with the other Giveth contributors)? Thanks!

I’m so excited about the ambassador program and I love the post @OyeAlmond

The only thing, IMO the goals of the ambassadors should be flexible-ish or a must to gain rewards or reputation. However, I think there could be a case where one ambassador is very good at onboarding projects and bringing a lot of value, but not very good at getting donation. Or someone is really good at getting donation, but not good at onboarding people at Discord.

I think as long as rewards & incentives are well though, it’s totally fine if some ambassador specializes in one or another thing.

@MrBear @Suga I think there are already some ideas for your questions, but I think they will be better addressed once we start working on the details: rewards, materials, journey, support and where to get the ambassadors.

4 Likes

Amazing work @OyeAlmond !

• Launch 3 local chapters (potential regions: Barcelona, Costa Rica, Mx, Us, Br)

I’d love to do on the ground support and use the Giveth house as a physical space for meetings, events or whatever comes if Barcelona ends up being one of the local chapters!

This is a perfect opportunity to see the Chainvine referral program in action!

The only thing, IMO the goals of the ambassadors should be flexible-ish or a must to gain rewards or reputation. However, I think there could be a case where one ambassador is very good at onboarding projects and bringing a lot of value, but not very good at getting donation. Or someone is really good at getting donation, but not good at onboarding people at Discord.

@Cotabe I agree on being flexible with the goals if you see someone is better at one thing than another, but I also see that the goals proposed by @OyeAlmond are not too far fetched and are doable, I guess we’ll see how it goes once it starts :slight_smile:

Happy to support this initiative!

5 Likes

Hello!
nice to read this post :slight_smile:

I agree with @Cotabe here. We shared the typeform to onboard new projects in a few of our local networks in TZ and a good number of orgs filled the form. However, getting donors onboard might be more challenging, specially with no simple on-ramping.

1 Like

Oh! ty so much for your advice @mettodo! Agree getting donors will be way more challenging…

1 Like