GIVeth Gitbook Translations

@karmaticacid sorry for the ping, i just thought maybe you guys missed this one.

1 Like

Hey @stonky are you saying that you’ll fully step out of the coordination role if we don’t go forward with Italian? Maybe you can consider yourself in the coordination role as an addition to the proposal?

I’d love to know how much the final proposals would be in two cases:

  1. With only Spanish, Portuguese & Turkish (and perhaps including a fee to keep you as coordinator)
  2. With Spanish, Italian, Portuguese & Turkish

This would definitely require coordination and if you step down from the role, it doesn’t really seem feasible to go forward unless someone else jumps in. You’ve been really great with coordination on this proposal and I’d like to make sure we keep you one way or another :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hi @karmaticacid thank you for your answer. Nice to hear from you!

Here the budget plan, updated with the last file mentioned above, and calculating 3 languages. The total number of words is 27.431, which I rounded it up to 26000.

Just for context, we’re talking about the translation of 38 documents, so it is a big work and having the same team on it will ensure quality and unity.


N° Words Price per word (Translation) Price per word (QA) N° of Languages Total
26000 $0.11 3 $8580
26000 $0.01 3 $780
Extra 10% for quick updates 3 $900
TOTAL $10260

PROPOSAL A - With 3 languages the total is $10260. With a coordination fee I’d round it up to $11000.

PROPOSAL B - With 4 languages the total is $13680. I wouldn’t ask for any coordination fee

As explained earlier, the 10% is to have a little savings account to add/modify content without the need of asking for any fund.

I’m ready to forward the proposal at any time today, just let me know if we’re talking about the proposal A or B.

Have a good day! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have forwarded the proposal A, which is going to cost less to the community.

1 Like

Hello guys! I just read the proposal and thank you for providing detailed and everything that needs to be done. coordination is definitely needed for this work. there is a lot of work and it would be to have someone holding it together.

Hi everyone.
The TerraDao proposal to work on the translation of Giveth Documentation has passed. And as part of our treasury management practices, we have paired some of the GIV with HNY+adding some HNY still sitting in our treasury until the translations are finished and payments are issued to individual translators. The wallet holding the funds is: 0x6Ed3cb62B5E28F3D38C5c1E495a5666075091c7E

Thanks to the community for the support, it is time for us to get to work now!

1 Like

Amazing!! Thanks @Stonky! Please coordinate with @MrBear and crew to make sure we don’t have any overlap for the Spanish translations, I believe they have already gotten started.

1 Like

Hey @stonky! What’s the status on this? Haven’t heard anything.

Hey @karmaticacid
You anticipated me of a few days!

Terra guys are working fast and efficiently:)

Spanish is completed, but needs some GitHub adjustments to keep it consistent with the original versions.

Turkish will be fully completed by the end of this week.

For Portuguese there were already 3 translators from the other group and although we haven’t made that official, I am thinking that they can complete it with the funds we had, so that the style of translations matches since a big chunk has been made by the same people.

Sorry for not sending an update earlier, but I wanted to wait until the ‘end’ was close and tangible enough to mention a clear end date.

1 Like

Hello, @Stonky , could you give me some information about it. I would like to know the minors.

stay safe.

Hi @MrBear , what do you mean with knowing the minors?

As I said, Turkish is done within the week, the Spanish part is also almost completed. For Portuguese I am thinking that to keep a standard and a style of translation perhaps your team of 3 translators could use our funds to finish since they took 3/4 of it or more, and to ensure that the translations are consistent in style and in writing quality.

The community gave us the funds for the Portuguese translations, so I’m talking with the other Terra members about it, but as soon as we have a “best option” of course I’ll keep you on the loop. From my perspective, it was more urgent to get Spanish and Turkish up and running because Spanish was the most needed language and Turkish needed all the docs done.

Hey @Stonky @MrBear I haven’t been totally in the loop on all the translations, but I know that @MrBear’s team has also been working on Spanish translations :confused: I hope we didn’t do double work on this.

Would be great if you could coordinate with each other! I love the idea of getting portuguese done as well. If we need to repurpose those funds, we can add in another language which would also be great.

1 Like

Hey @karmaticacid ;
Indeed there has been some double crossing, but It’s all good, we split the job, and we are basically done with both Turkish and Spanish, just polishing the final details. :slight_smile:

When completed I’ll make an update note :wink:

1 Like

Oh that’s perfect!! I’m so glad you have been in touch. Let me know if I can support in any way! Can’t wait for the update :smiley:

Hi everyone! @Stonky @MrBear and @karmaticacid
I’m jumping in on this thread to see how the translations are going and to be in the loop on their progress!
Thanks for any new updates at this point.

1 Like

Hey @Suga I hope you are well, I had some time without entering the forum, the translations made by the globalization group finished approximately 2 weeks ago, and the pr was created although part of the work of the guys from terra swarm is expected so as not to have part of the documentation translated and another awaiting completion.


Thanks @MrBear! What do you mean “part of the work of the guys from terra swam is expected so as not to have part of the documentation translated”? I don’t understand that part of the sentence (in particular “so as not to”). Thanks!

I can help summarize:

We’re still waiting on the docs that were promised to be translated by the terra swarm group, so the spanish translation has not been pushed to production yet because the translation work is not yet fully completed

1 Like

Got it. Thank you, @mitch .