Giveth <> SuperFluid Integration for Recurring Donations on Optimism

We are excited to announce our partnership with SuperFluid, a groundbreaking protocol for streaming funds. This integration aims to provide our users with the ability to make recurring donations on Optimism to projects on the Giveth platform, empowering them to support their favorite causes with small, consistent contributions over time. In this post, we’ll outline the motivation behind the proposal, the problem it addresses, and the key points of integration.

One-time donations are common, but many users want to contribute to projects with small donations spread out over a longer period.

Feature Details

With the Giveth-SuperFluid integration, users can create recurring donation streams to projects on Optimism.

These photos are only examples and are definitely not the final design.

This will allow Donors on Giveth to create Recurring Donations or “Donation Streams”, streaming funds by the second from the donor, to the project. Donors can also manage their stream directly on Giveth by increasing their flowrate, topping up their stream balance (and thus supporting the project for a longer period) or cancelling their recurring donation.

Scope

The integration will primarily focus on incentivizing the usage of this feature on Optimism, with more chains added later. We will be able to make these donations GIVbacks eligible if made to verified projects.

Funding

SuperFluid has agreed to provide Giveth $20k equivalent in funding as part of their grants program along this schedule:

• 50% will be given as a lump sum to encourage project completion
  • 30% will be distributed after successful deployment on Optimism
  • 20% will be distributed upon seeing that the app is improving usage and liquidity on Optimism.

When

Work will begin on this integration in the coming weeks as we coordinate with the design chapter.

1 Like

I love this feature, however, proposed design in the screenshots are not good. I assume this is just a quick mockup to illustrate the feature?

The third condition is also questionable and not clearly defined. Who and how will be measured the “20% will be distributed upon seeing that the app is improving usage and liquidity on Optimism.”
I’d not agree on this term until is fully clarified and has a very high chance of success.

Yes, definitely not a final design and just some mock-ups I made myself to give a sense. Would love you working with @Tossynee and I on this one.

On your other point I did forget to include this info from the SuperFluid team…

"Each grant will be distributed as follows:
50% will be given as a lump sum to encourage project completion
30% will be distributed after successful deployment on Optimism
20% will be distributed upon seeing that the app is improving usage and liquidity on Optimism.

In ur [sic] case, we will send half of the grant first for you to finish the integration, once deployed and running on OP we will deliver the second half."

So to clarify there is only two milestones, start and finish, for funding disbursal

2 Likes

Do we have an estimate on Dev efforts? It would be good to compare funds from grants received and our cost of development.

Superfluid is an awesome tool to integrate in Giveth donations

I don’t have hard numbers but I would estimate we break even on the cost of development (&design) for this feature.

BUT it’s been on the roadmap for more than a year and we’ve tried to make this feature happen from a few different angles (Radicle etc…) so it’s cool that we’ll be able to make it happen and offset our dev costs entirely or almost entirely…