Giveth Trivia Game w/ 1Hive!

Intro

givgarden

Howdy Giveth frens! :wave:

It was a pleasure to attend the community call this week; praise culture is a real treasure. :heart:

Thanks for the space to share a bit about how the trivia game works; we look forward to promoting Giveth and the GIVeconomy in a fun and educational way.

Proposal Information

Proposal description + rationale:
Giveth sponsorship of a 1Hive TV Crypto Trivia game (G3S2).

Proposal Rationale & Details
Fun, learning and shillery of the GIVeconomy and top projects on Giveth.io to an audience of nearly 100 peeps + ~70 active contestants. Please check out this resource that includes an embedded game video and link to a detailed sponsorship 1pgr to learn more. :tv::open_book:

Expected duration or delivery date (if applicable):
Game 3 of Season 2 will be held on Friday, February 4 at 3pm ET / 8pm UTC
Duration: ~75 mins
Rewards:

• $1,000 of crypto GIV + HNY to top 20 finishers
  • Custom NFTs for podium winners
  • 1 NFBee for game winner
  • POAP for every contestant

Team Information

Names, usernames, and/or relevant social links for team members :

• @twells - game host/coordination/video production
  • 1Hive TV team members Miguel (audio) + Richie (video) attend and work on video post production.
  • Giveth spokespeeps! Hoping @karmaticacid + @willy can help : )

Skills and previous experience in related or similar work:
1Hive TV had a lot of fun putting this video together with @Griff @karmaticacid @willy for the GIVeconomy:

Funding Information

Amount of GIV requested: 4550 GIV

Ethereum address where funds shall be transferred:
0x34706d5c391ffB326801BDeceD11f2DF9B93B30d

More detailed description of how funds will be handled and used:
See event sponsorship 1pgr for the breakdown.
Note on funding uses:

• 33% trivia rewards
  • 33% contributor compensation
  • 33% TV project treasury to be staked on the GIVgarden
10 Likes

thanks for the proposal @twells! You’ve got my vote, and I’d be happy to help rep as a spokespeep :purple_heart: :honeybee:

3 Likes

Yes! I am so down to support this. Will be happy to collaborate with some of our comms stars to get a nice list of questions for trivia, and I would love to be there for rep Giveth as a spokesperson.

I think this is great way to get more people interested/excited about the GIVeconomy.

And I love how for the breakdown of funds, it doesn’t sound like much (if any) of the GIV will be immediately swapped. Am I right w this assumption? You’ll be paying contributors for this with GIV?

2 Likes

I support this proposal.

1 Like

thanks @willy! looking forward : )

awesome, thanks @karmaticacid !!

just to dig in here a bit more:

• trivia rewards will be distributed to winners; we can think creatively about how to do this to minimize sell pressue - open to ideas! …how hard would it be to give podium winners a stream of GIV instead of lump sum (or add to an existing one if they have it)?
  • contributors will be compensated in GIV but they all understand how the GIVeconomy works so I hope they will decide to stake : )
  • treasury component is staked automatically
1 Like

thank you @markop! :pray:

it would be so cool to give them a stream!!!

I wonder if that makes any sense to do though. I think we’d need to allocate from the rDAO, so it becomes another kind of thing… the tokens wouldn’t be coming from the GIVgarden, I don’t think it would be possible. Maybe we could allocate the tokens from the GIVgarden to the recipient addres… send those to the rDAO and then allocate a stream of the same amount after the fact to winners?

@amin what do you think? @Griff ? How do we feel about allocating a GIVstream to winners of 1Hive Trivia?

1 Like

So excited for this!!

I am definitely in support of this proposal.
Thanks for taking the time to go over it with us in the Community Call.

2 Likes

thanks @WhyldWanderer ! my pleasure : )

Any DAO agent which has distributor role can do it. @mitch is master of agents here :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @twells ! So it is possible to make a GIVstream for winners but since the amount streamed over 5 years for each winner will be pretty small we think it would be nicer to just give them liquid tokens. This has been on here long enough for advice proces… I think we should put it up on the GIVgarden!

Do you want to make the proposal, or shall I? The proposal deposit is 5000 GIV

2 Likes

Proposal is up on Gardens!
Looking forward to some fun on Feb 4 : ) :rocket: :honeybee:

note: total GIV has been updated to account for recent price action.

1 Like

I just want to say the trivia event with 1hive and Gitcoin was a success and definitely brought the 2 communities closer, which is on-going project. I totally support a Giveth round and will help tweet support and hype up the event.

2 Likes

Yeah!! I’m stoked about this!! Thanks for the support David! <3 The event will be Feb 4! You can see it on the Giveth calendar.

2 Likes

thanks @blazingthirdeye! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: it was a blast cohosting with you ser

Update: we are gtg for trivia next Fri 2/4 :rocket:
Thank you to everyone who supported on Gardens! :heart: :honeybee:

2 Likes

Howdy frens,
It was great to connect with many of you last week in Denver! :heart:
Here is the finished Giveth trivia game video; we had a blast educating peeps about Giveth and will continue to shill the GIVeconomy on our weekly stream : )
Cheers!

2 Likes

Thank you so much @twells - you are a hero!! thanks for letting people know about us, and please reach out any time you have any questions or other ideas! We’re super down to support.

2 Likes