TL;DR: We are in very good terms with the FLII team (Latinamerican Impact Investing Forum) and we have an open door to incentivize donations through Giveth from their attendees, which is composed of impact investors and impact makers.
I’m looking for feedback and ideas on how to make the best out of it.
Website - FLII | Latinamerican Impact Investing Forum
Earth 15K, Air 30K, Water 50K, Fire 75K
I met the person organizing the FLII at an impact event late in September. She already wanted to do something with NFTs and maybe donations, after chatting about web3 for good projects, she asked me to be an advisor for her to incorporate more web3 into the conference.
The FLII is the biggest event around impact investing and impact making in LATAM & one of the biggest worldwide. Their audience has a lot of heavy-weight actors in the space, about 1/3rd impact investors, 1/3rd ecosystem enabling organizations and 1/3rd entrepreneurs.
Here are a few things that I’m trying to make possible with Caro (the FLII organizer) for Giveth, without sponsoring.
- Having a talk or panel for Giveth.
- Suggest a dynamic to allow attendees to make donations to projects on Giveth.
- Ticket(s) for IRL exposure to impact investors, ecosystem-enabling organizations & entrepreneurs at the conference.
- There is goodwill to find other ways to collaborate, so we can get creative.
The idea is suggest something to Caro & let’s see how we can make it a reality
There are also sponsorship opportunities, but I don’t think we are in a place where this is an option.
Please share any idea you have to get positive outcomes from this partnership.
IMO, this is a great opportunity to have impact investors and impact makers learn about Giveth and use the platform. Therefore, I’ve focused on getting a talk and a dynamic to onboard attendees to Giveth, since Caro was already interested in having some donations from the FLII.
There are many ways we can go about this and here is where I want your ideas and feedback.
- We need to justify this partnership without sponsorship, so we need to focus on the impact and the projects, not on Giveth and be strategic with our ask.
- Tickets are already being sold. We need to act fast.
- The event is from Feb 28th till March 2nd (Same time that ETHDenver unfortunately). So we don´t have much time and part of the team will probably prioritize ETH Denver.
Incentives that we could offer.
- POAP & NFTs
- Match their donation through own funds, partners (FLII and others), sponsors or matching pool.
Here are a few ideas
These are things that we can suggest, but it is all pending on approval.
1. Make an simple pre-event campaign through FLII comms to encourage attendees to donate through Giveth.
- We could use FLII comms to reach out to the full attendee list.
- We can react & pivot if things are not working that well.
- We could show the results at the talk and make the impact more tangible and relatable as they would be part of it.
- They are nudged to come to the conference already with a wallet and with GIVbacks (many of the attendees are not onboarded on web3 yet).
- We could get their contact info.
- It’s challenging to get people onboarded to web3 with impersonal comms.
- It will require some effort & work.
How could it work?
- Insert a blurb and a CTA in the FLII’s communications journey.
“Make a donation with an upside… FLII has partnered with Giveth to allow our community to donate $10 USD to non-profit projects. We will match the donation, so project will get $20 USD. But, as a donor, you will get up to $8 USD worth in the GIV token… learn more about how your donation can yield you profit with Giveth [link to a form]” (Change the CTA if we don’t offer matching funds)
2.a. Create a short explanation video embedded in the form.
2.b. Get key info (name, organization, email),
2.c Ask if they have a wallet
2.c.I. If they do ask for their wallet for a POAP
2.c.II. If they don’t, teach them the easiest way (maybe metamask and fund it in the wallet). Then ask for their wallet for a POAP.
2.d. Teach them how to make a donation.
2.e. Congratulate for becoming a donor.
- Airdrop POAP
2. Create an activity at the conference. For example, treasury hunt.
Print QRs for projects and a few key ones for the activity and place them in different places of the conference.
- We can show most features of the Dapp.
- We could show the results at the talk and make the impact more tangible and relatable as they woud be part of it.
- We could get their contact info.
- Most likely a low percentage of attendees will participate.
- No feedback and opportunity to react and pivot till the conference.
How could it work?
Treasure hunt activites
- Prove you have a wallet and funds (If not teach how to)
- Make donation to project.
- Claim from a landing page some GIV. (emulating GIVbacks, because that would happen 2 weeks later)
- Stake and lock tokens for GIVpower.
- Maybe use budget box.
Give POAPs for each process.
Other ideas are encouraged…
- Should we further incentivize donation to make it a “no brainer” with a matching?
- No, the GIVbacks are incentive enough especially for non web3 people.
- Only if someone else sponsors the matching and we don’t waste resources on it
- Let’s try to find a sponsor/partner that covers partially or totally the matching, even if it means spending time on it.
- Let’s use our matching funds
- Each lead we get could be a potential investor or high level partner, let’s use our own money.
Which of these ideas sound good to you?
- None, it’s not worth the time.
- Pre-event campaign taking advantage of the FLII comms.
- Event treasure hunt
- Let’s do both and try to capture as much people as possible
- I have a different idea
I really need your collective intelligence here…