Optimism Voting Badgeholder Nomination

Hey there, unicorns! :unicorn:

Exciting news! Optimism has just unveiled the process for voting badge distribution for RetroPGF3. Guess what? Giveth is on the list! We’re among the top 50 recipients from RetroPGF 2, which means we get to choose one community member to bestow a voting badge upon.

I’ve crafted this post as a platform for those interested in becoming a Badgeholder. I’m also borrowing a few questions posed in the Optimism forum to guide the conversation.

Here’s what we’d love to know:

1. Why do you want to become a badgeholder?
  2. What’s your area of expertise?
  3. Any other relevant tidbits you’d like to share? (Feel free to skip this if there’s nothing on your mind.)

What’s expected of a Badgeholder?

• Advocate and refine the RetroPGF’s process and structure as a key funding avenue.
  • Possess domain expertise in categories seeking funding in RetroPGF.
  • Showcase a solid alignment with the long-term vision of the Optimism ecosystem and the overarching mission of the Collective.
  • Bring a fresh perspective to the table, adding to the diversity of viewpoints and insights during evaluations.
  • Dedicate ample time to scrutinize the impact of projects applying to RetroPGF3.

How’s this going to work?

1. Signal your intentions right here. Drop a reply to this post with your answers to the questions above.
  2. The next stage is a voting round. Griff suggested have nrGIV token holders vote either on Pairwise or on Snapshot.
    How should we vote in choosing a badgeholder? Let us know what you think!
  • Pairwise (would be 1 person 1 vote)
  • Snapshot - Ranked Choice Voting (token weighted)

0 voters

Timeline

• Entries in this forum post will close on August 30
  • Voting period will be August 31 to September 13
  • Giveth will distribute the badge by filling out a form on September 14

Just a heads up: As a Badgeholder, you’ll be representing yourself, not Giveth.

3 Likes

How long will the voting period be? What dates? And how many projects are expected to be part of the round?

Hi @karmaticacid, I updated the post above and here’s the timeline:

• Entries in this forum post will close on August 30
  • Voting period will be August 31 to September 13
  • Giveth will distribute the badge by filling out a form on September 14

To your last question, we don’t have an estimation yet. But this would be open to all community members.

Hey @freshelle!

Sorry I think the question was unlcear.

I’m asking - how long will the voting period for retro PGF be? when do the badge holders need to vote? and how many projects would the badge holders be expected to review for retroPGF?

For that, it’s not clear yet. We have yet get updates from Optimism directly. From what @brichis mentioned to me, the average last round was 40 projects and 14 days of voting. One of the badgeholders mentioned that is not only the evaluation, they have calls too (now it’s a monthly call).

Pick me!!!
EDIT: Okay I’ll answer the questions :wink:

Why do you want to become a badgeholder?

I’ve been working at Giveth and in the space for close to 3 years now and I have had the opportunity to meet a lot of cool and interesting projects. I would love the opportunity to participate in the RPGF decision making process and not only learn but also advise on how to make RPGF great!

What’s your area of expertise?

As you know, I’ve been leading the DAO, and now DAO Ops for 2 years, I’ve grown in many ways, learning to develop, learning to lead and building processes for how all of use can come together and operate a DAO. I think I possess the necessary critical level-headed thinking to be a great badgeholder.

I feel very aligned with the long-term vision of Optimism and especially the RPGF mechanism.

For those who have worked long enough, you know about my often critical eye and no shame criticism for when I disagree with something. I try my best to be fair (but I am human) and I always speak my mind which is an important quality in this scenario.

Any other relevant tidbits you’d like to share? (Feel free to skip this if there’s nothing on your mind.)

I would like to grow more my presence in our little niche of crypto, in public goods and I would love to take on this quiet but important responsibility of being a optimism voting badgeholder. :saluting_face:

5 Likes

I give my support to @mitch as an Optimism badgeholder!

He’s the Giveth DAO/Governance master and I think he will be a great addition in the RPFG voting process :judge:

1 Like

Looks like we don’t need to vote since only @mitch expressed interest :saluting_face: :raised_hands:t4:

3 Likes

Congrats @mitch well deserved and will be the right representation