Partner with Panvala by becoming the first Panvala Network Chapter

Esteemed GIVgang!

I’m Paul - long time 1Hive / gardens contributor and yuge GIVfan. I’m writing now as a Panvala Fellow about an initiative that I think would benefit the Giveth platform and all its verified projects in a big way.

If you’re not familiar with Panvala, it’s the org behind the $PAN token which is dedicated to funding communities to help drive collective action and promote community life. The economic engine behind Panvala is Stamps, a sponsor-driven program (funded so far by Opolis, Index Coop, Logos DAO, & GenerousAF) where people claim NFT stamps for doing actions which they can then redeem with a Panvala League community.

Giveth is an OG Panvala League member (pre-dating the stamps program), and has raised a small amount of money so far through stamps already.

Enter Panvala Chapters

Panvala is working on expanding the Stamps program with “Chapters” - communities grouped together either by geography, a common purpose, or a shared network. Chapters will allow for communities to claim stamps and get funding without needing to join the Panvala League directly, which will let Panvala positively impact way more communities.

Giveth is THE ideal candidate for a Network Chapter. Basically, we want verified projects on Giveth to be able to claim stamps for funding through Giveth. Giveth would then get a portion of all funding raised by its projects as the network liaison.

Giveth gets an additional revenue source both for itself and for its projects, and Panvala gets to expand its reach in funding communities.

What would being a Chapter entail?

If accepted, Giveth would be the first Panvala Chapter and an integral partner in the launch of the next phase in Panvala’s movement. As such, there’s plenty of room to work out how to make this relationship work best. The Panvala team is equipped to handle most of the workload involved with the launch, so Giveth could tailor how active its role would be based on available resources.

Panvala is proposing the following relationship:

• Panvala provides:

• Stamp claim forms for the Giveth chapter for all active stamps campaigns
    • Messaging to be sent to Giveth project leads and project donors, sharing Panvala’s movement and how they can redeem stamps for funding
    • Ongoing stamp redemptions tracking and issuance of quarterly distributions
  • Giveth provides:

• Assistance on communications to Giveth project leads and donors
    • Feedback on potential stamp sponsors that will resonate with your network
    • Giveth verified project ETH addresses for quarterly funding distributions
    • Co-promotion of the launch of Panvala Chapters.

In Conclusion…

Let’s work together to get more funding for communities!

6 Likes

Wow this is so awesome! I support this!

Assuming there’s no objections in the next few days what would be the way to move forward? we have a delegation of Givethers jump on a call with the Stamps people?

2 Likes

Love the proposal and I think it’s very timely with our interest to get additional revenue streams without setting fees on donations or other key features of GIveth.

It’s a WIN-WIN-WIN for all stakeholders :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Paul! Nice to see you here again and thanks for posting this proposal.

I didn’t quite understand that funding flow here, can you clarify please?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi Paul! Thanks for your proposal. It’s good to be exploring new ways to strengthen the partnership and additional revenues streams.
I would like to get a better understanding of the potential numbers involved: what could a quarterly distribution look like? Is Panvala proposing a fixed / percentage amount? Too early to say?
I echo Cotabe - this seems to be a win for all.

1 Like

I didn’t quite understand that funding flow here, can you clarify please? @markop

The way it works now - people claim stamps and redeem them with a Panvala League community, which then gets funding from the Panvala treasury in the quarterly distribution of $PAN.

As a Network Chapter, people could redeem their stamps with any Giveth verified project (most of which aren’t Panvala League communities so this option hasn’t been open to them) - they get funding from the quarterly $PAN distribution and Giveth gets a portion of this for its role as a community aggregator and in helping grow the Panvala movement.

I would like to get a better understanding of the potential numbers involved: what could a quarterly distribution look like? Is Panvala proposing a fixed / percentage amount? @clara_gr

The next quarterly $PAN distribution in January is currently 1,306,130 PAN - $36,432 at today’s price. This is the amount that goes to communities for redeeming stamps.

To sponsor a stamp campaign, you buy $PAN from Uniswap and send it to the token supply contract, which slowly releases $PAN on a 4 year half-life through these quarterly distributions. More people buying stamps = more demand for $PAN and sustains the treasury released to communities for redeeming stamps.

Assuming there’s no objections in the next few days what would be the way to move forward? we have a delegation of Givethers jump on a call with the Stamps people? @mitch

On the community call today @OyeAlmond offered to lead this partnership on the Giveth side, and @WhyldWanderer has been super helpful so far and is familiar with what’s going on - we’ll have the Panvala team coordinate through them and share updates here!

3 Likes

Working on this already w @paul2. We are figuring out the best comms flow for projects and the materials & actions needed to communicate the Chapter Launch.

2 Likes

Some updates :face_with_monocle:

• Giveth submitted its request to Panvala to be a Network Chapter! Local legends @OyeAlmond @WhyldWanderer are representing Giveth as Chapter Guide and Chapter Supporting Guide. Next week the proposal for Chapters go out to the Panvala League and will include Giveth as the first Network Chapter. If there are no objections it will pass November 30.
  • December 8 - Panvala to join Giveth Community Spotlight. Tentatively aiming for the program being up-and-running by then, but we’ll set a date for launch when we’re further along with planning the communications and documentation.
  • Giveth Fee = 10%
    This is the % of PAN raised by verified projects on Giveth through stamps that will go to Giveth. If there are any objections to this number please respond here!
7 Likes