PASSED: Giveth <> MetaPod Sponsorship

MetaPod Proposal Information

The MetaPod Pitch Competition is the first IRL experience & launch event to kickoff the MetaPod 6-week DAO Accelerator Pilot Program. This first event is a pitch competition for DAO & community focused projects. Winning teams are set to win up to $10,000 and be fast-tracked into the MetaPod Accelerator.

Proposal Rationale:

Detailed rationale for why this proposal exists and should matter to GIV holders, the Giveth community, and/or giving ecosystem

We are stoked to welcome Giv’ethers into the MetaPod acceleration program, the shared mission, vision, and values alignment between the MetaCartel and Giveth ecosystem is stronk :mechanical_arm:

As a key MetaPod sponsor Giveth will be promoted and have time to speak at the event, have access to the MetaPod Pilot program pipeline, have slots on the judging panel. GIV rewards could be distributed to the winners as part of the Pitch Competition, as well as having direct access to attendees to seed ideas for the Giveth Ecosystem as part of the Pitch Competition.

Leveraging IRL local meetups, the MetaPod program educates and onboards Web2 projects and communities into the world of Web3 & DAOs, while simultaneously incubating new Web3 startups and ideas, as well as scoping a 6 week intensive program MVP while also exploring the full program pipeline needs.

Promising teams will be shortlisted for the 6-week MetaPod Accelerator Program, where they will start, run and grow their DAOs/communities. Throughout the 6 weeks, they will receive advisory, coaching and connections to grant providers, service guilds, investor DAOs and more.

Expected duration or delivery date (if applicable):

Starting with an IRL event in Denver, Wednesday 16th of Feb, continuing for 6 weeks prior to that event up the 30th of March.

Team Information (For Funding Proposals)

• YalorMewn: DAO operations expert, community futurist, partnerships, ecosystem development, and event coordinator / RaidGuild, MetaCartel, Mystic Whales, DAOhaus, Formerly DappNode & Giveth :sparkling_heart:

• Jeremy: Project Manager, Governance consultant, dev ops / DAOhaus, RaidGuild, MetaCartel, PerionDAO.

• Amos: Core contributor at DAOhaus, leading the Rangers (community) & supporting the Magesmiths (product) workstreams. Handling comms, event planning & the design of the Accelerator Program.

• Helmass: Operations, Coordination, Partnerships / IndexCoop, MetaCartel Grants, GringottsDAO.

Funding Information (For Funding Proposals)

5000 GIV = Larva level :mosquito:
10000 GIV = Caterpillar level :bug:
20000 GIV = Chrysalis level :shell:
40000 GIV = Butterfly level :butterfly:

All perks for the sponsor level tiers are outlined in this IPFS Document

xDai deposit address where funds shall be transferred:**

0x9438201e791fb3b5ed830fb09ed42dda80a465e5 :battery: only transfer xDai funds :battery:

More detailed description of how funds will be handled and used:

The money will be paying for the event, grant prizes, and the launch of the pilot program to cover ops.
Winning teams will receive the following grant prizes and be fast-tracked into the MetaPod Accelerator Program.

• 1st Place: $10,000 :trophy:
  • 2nd Place: $5,000 :trophy:
  • 3rd Place: $2,500 :trophy:

Feel free to join our Discord if you want to be more hands on leading up to the event (Discord)

4 Likes

I would love to build more bridges between us and the Metacartel Community, and supporting upstart DAO crews seems like a great way to do it!

The 5k DAI sponsorship package seems like a great deal. I’d support that one.

3 Likes

Great, I think that level will be a great slot to engage at. I have created the proposal reflecting the above details here: Gardens

FYI Friday Feb 4th, 3pm PST / 6pm EST we are kicking off the MetaPod qualifier’s in our discord server.

Since you are sponsoring the event I wanted to give you a chance to come, say hi, and listen in as the process unfolds. This is where we will be selecting the final candidates to compete in the pitch competition in Denver :fire:

If you are not already, please jump into our server https://discord.gg/UsvKcnvCVB

Then shoot me over the emails of anyone from your team who you think would be qualified to come and represent Giveth.

Will the funds be held in GIV for the most part? I understand that cover IRL costs might require sale, but it would be nice if Giveth sponsored prices in GIV… perhaps cover humans costs & ops could also be in GIV.