All good things come in 3’s.
" There are ideas which could stop all quarrels; such an idea is the law of three. ~ P. D. Ouspensky"
After reviewing other DAO’s and sociocratic models, I propose we structure our circles in accordance with the Law of Threes.
The Giveth Community Circle
COMMUNITY… has always been the foundation of Giveth, the sum of all parts.
COMMUNICATION… is the purpose of the General Circle.
COMMONS… The Giveth Community Circle is the publicly accessible space.
This Circle is held down by the Communications team yet comprised of representatives from the other two Circles, as well as various working groups that may form. Here is where new contributors, project owners, campaign managers, collaborators, conspirateurs, and catalysts and really, all the cool cats come to play, learn, give and grow.
- Community: All are welcome to participate in Community Calls, to find the support they need and to share the gifts they have to offer.
- Communications: Givethers (and new contributors) who are writing the official messaging, documentation, announcements, and coordinating the release of information to the public.
- Conflict Resolution: A Circle for learning / working on Graviton and bringing more authentic relating, issue revelation, and tension alleviation.
The Giveth Platform (Product Development Circle)
DESIGN… the best user experience in a beautifully simple interface.
DEVELOP… innovative, feature-rich, safe and productive tools for transparency.
DELIVER… seamlessly connected products (G.io and TRACE) that work well together.
This Circle is the playground for designers, developers, systems engineers and programming students alike, and is where the Future of Giving is being built now. From GivethTRACE to giveth.io and back again, we work with the Community Circle to get feedback from users, design a workflow that makes it easy for people to give, receive, trace and report progress.
- GivethTRACE: Has it’s own product manager and dev team, hosts their own calls and designates a liaison for all-dev channels, other working groups, and sync-up call participation to manage issues, solicit feedback, complete tasks and coordinate activities.
- Giveth.io: Has it’s own product manager and dev team, hosts their own calls and designates a liaison for all-dev channels, other working groups, and sync-up call participation to manage issues, solicit feedback, complete tasks and coordinate activities.
- Operations & Design: Internal operational support activities such as what tools to use for which purposes and overall UI/UX strategy for unified presence.
The GIVernance Circle
GIVE… to the causes, projects, actions you care about.
GET… the tokens that GIVback to those who are GIVing forward for positive change.
GOVERN… project curation, product development, and a new economy based on altruism.
The GIVing Circle is home to Givethers, Unicorns, Givers, Cheezburgers - Everyone can be a Giver then choose how to use their GIV for the greater good. Giveth aims to be a donor-focused organization that GIVs back to those who use our platform to transparently and accountably support change in the world.
- DAO: GIV token holders are members of the Giveth DAO, where it’s easy to give, exciting to get GIV, and engaging in governance and the economy is good for Giver and Gitter alike.
- GIVgarden: Collaboration with 1hive and dappnode to build out the GIV token economy.
- Governance: Payments, funding allocation, operational protocols and other organizational decisions that require participation beyond just the DAO.