PASSED: The Giveth Mission Statement

I didn’t realize we decided the top 3 would all have foster, I’m not sure I like that word in this context - I’d propose an copy from the workshop with ‘design’ instead which I think is a nod to the technical parts of what we’re doing as well.

Our mission is to design a culture of giving to support and reward those who Give - to projects, to society and to the world.

1 Like

Design is nice… but incomplete… we dont want to just design it… we want to make it a reality! I would prefer create or build

Our mission is to build/create a culture of giving to reward those who Give - to projects, to society and to the world.

3 Likes

I like “create” and I’m seeing a lot of feedforward from folks (@markop @Donna.Oftadeh etc.) saying the same!

2 Likes

I like build then,

Our mission is to build a culture of giving to reward those who Give - to projects, to society and to the world.

2 Likes

Yep @karmaticacid I do like “create” by far rather than “design” or “foster”! What about “build”? I’m not sure

This is cool, but we’ve lost the idea of empowerment. is it necessary?

1 Like

We create the culture and build the future… build is in the tagline, create in the mission is my fav.

1 Like

Well… it would feel empowering to give to a cause thats building the future. And it would certainly be rewarding to watch how that future is created knowing I contributed. So i like the first one :slight_smile:

Ok so from the above comments and the vote, it seems like “reward & empower” is the one we like best and create is replacing foster, so…

Our mission is to create a culture of giving to reward & empower those who Give - to projects, to society and to the world.

Right? :smiley:

2 Likes

I really like this mission. An argument for build: “create” suggests a one-time event, like a birth, whereas “build” implies an ongoing process, which is probably closer to the reality. I’m not sure on this, but the alliteration of the two hard "c"s with “create” also seems a bit of a tongue catcher, whereas the “b” of “build” seems to flow a bit better, no?

Also, maybe tweak the “to” to “that” to make it a bit more proactive. Thus:

Our mission is to build a culture of giving that rewards and empowers those who Give - to projects, to society and to the world.

In the forum for a total of 17 minutes, and already spouting my mouth off. :laughing:

4 Likes

Ok, based on the comments above it looks like the real battle is between “build” and “create”… unless I’m missing something… Two options below for a vote!! And a third option in case you’re still not satisfied :slight_smile:

• Our mission is to create a culture of giving that rewards and empowers those who Give - to projects, to society and to the world.
  • Our mission is to build a culture of giving that rewards and empowers those who Give - to projects, to society and to the world.
  • Another option - leave your feedback in the comments!

0 voters

3 Likes

Ok! The poll has a distinct winner, so I’m putting it up on rGIV for a vote!

Please vote to ratify the new Giveth mission!

Our mission is to build a culture of giving that rewards and empowers those who Give - to projects, to society, and to the world.

(p.s. I’m sorry I totally messed up and submitted the wrong wording at first… please just ignore #64 in Aragon… I don’t think I can take it down)

2 Likes

The Aragon DAO is being weird today… it seems to be pulling up a rinkeby version.

1 Like

ok figured it out

We have a DAO with the same name on Rinkeby

To switch i had to clear application cache

Click the gear in the upper right and go to network

Clear the Cache and make sure the node above is set to an xDai RPC: wss://rpc.xdaichain.com/wss worked for me

1 Like

I still think that we should say Our mission is to create a culture of giving, instead of build.
Build just doesn’t sound good. I know vote passed but I keep saying create instead of build :smiley:

2 Likes

I agree Create was better than build… but I will fall in line ;-D

#Compliant

Vote passed! Sept 3rd 2021
https://aragon.1hive.org/#/giveth/0x6747e3a01f31621a5e024d08f8f7c99fac0dc814/vote/65/

Yeahh… I love build - its in our tagline.
I went along because of the phrase “culture build” … stated my preference for create earlier in the thread so’s not to be redundant… but it seemed to be overruled and I complied there also!