PASSED: Revise Mission Statement AGAIN

In the last iteration of this, we had two main options for a mission statement, a winner emerged and we brought it to rGIV to ratify… the vote passed and yay, we had a mission statement.

Then several voices emerged with voter’s remorse wishing that we said “create” instead of “build”. So three steps forward, two steps back… Here’s another poll, you all can vote for your top choice or choose to abstain. Please think about it, make a selection and then be consistent with you’re choice…

The Giveth Mission Statement

• Our mission is to build a culture of giving that rewards and empowers those who Give - to projects, to society, and to the world.
  • Our mission is to create a culture of giving that rewards and empowers those who Give - to projects, to society, and to the world.
  • Abstain from vote

0 voters

1 Like

I chose create cause to me it implies novelty and bringing a culture into the world, culture that hasn’t existed before!

I chose build because its a continuous task and not a one-time big-bang

3 Likes

I was a pretty hesitant to create this post on principal of respecting our voting process. We used advice process and ratified the mission statement using “build” in the rGIV DAO.

Then after it was passed there seemed to be a lot of contention… I created this post to get a feel. However, there is not enough support for changing the statement to “create” for me to justify pursuing this further, and this is post is being archived.

The mission statement, as published already on the docs and on twitter is " To build a culture of giving that rewards and empowers those who give - to projects, to society, and to the world."

Anyone who wishes to pursue changing it at this point is empowered to take on the process, but I am satisfied with leaving it as is and won’t be taking this proposal further.

proposal passed 9/3/2021 Aragon