Hello beautiful people!
As you may have heard, Polygon is interested in running a quadratic funding round on Giveth. We have been in comms with the Polygon team for the past few months and now it looks like things are getting closer to a launch point!
The purpose of this forum post is to provide the details of this prospective round and create a space for discussion, question, or concerns.
- The round would start as early as October 2023.
- There will be ±100 projects in the round.
- A matching pool of ±$80k (USDC or MATIC) will be provided by Polygon on Polygon for the round.
- Only donations made on Polygon chain will be eligible for matching.
- 10% of the matching pool would go to the giv.eth multisig for our compensation.
- An additional 5% of the matching pool would go to trustalabs for sybil data analysis post round.
In order to make this round a success, we would need to:
- Help onboard those ±100 projects to Giveth on Polygon
- Do load testing & make relevant improvements to ensure our backend can handle a round of 100 projects (in progress)
- Finish mobile improvements to QF rounds (in progress)
- Make some modifications to our QF product so that only Polygon donations are eligible for matching (in progress)
- Create marketing banners and promotional material for the round
- Set up the round in Admin bro, monitor during the round for maintenance
- Post-round data analysis & funds distribution
The work here would fall under the scope of the Quadratic Funding working group.
This is a great opportunity for Giveth to strenghten our ties with Polygon, onboard many new awesome projects to Giveth, drive traffic from the Polygon ecosystem onto our platform, thereby increasing donation stats & generate a bit of revenue for Giveth.
Here’s a poll to get a temperature check.
- Sounds great, let’s go!
- I have concerns and will leave a comment