Getting the party started on revamping our Reward Process!
In our meeting on Sept 6 we reviewed the 3 ways that Contributors are currently rewarded - it’s a mash up of different payment pathways established at different times for different purposes. Summary is pasted in below this link to a Discord discussion that arose in the #Governance channel on Sept 7:
Regular Rewards - work agreements
- We as Givethers have a responsibility to be exemplary in how we allocate Giveth funds to Circles/Campaigns and approve payments, so that users can model off our process and procedures.
- Best case scenario, funds for Reg Rewards need to be in a Campaign that is intended for paying Reg Rewards.
- IF we do not have the funds in the right Campaigns, then either we raise it, or vote to reallocate funds from another Campaign. Be clear to reference.
- When we move to the GIVDAO, will we create Budgets for Circles and submit them for approval by the DAO and allow Circles to distribute via proposals from working groups.
- RR contributors paid by their circle - Circles are currently Campaigns. Campaigns have Campaign Managers (de facto circle steward).
- Also have opportunity to go after bounties, take on tasks in other places for alt rewards like PAN or RewardDAO.
- Governance WG will help people/other WG’s make proposals to the DAO for voting on allocation.
- See Colony - payment proposals via workstreams/mini-communities.
- System was created to distribute funds from GitCoin Grants, when we only had one grant - to build Giveth 2. We now have a Giveth Trace Grant as well, and with ETH’s rising value our coffers have increased in ETH while our PAN has been diminishing. Monthly PAN rewards are now mostly below the $300 value floor set to minimize Giveth’s gas expenditures and non-RR contributors are not receiving an amount that they can take out of TRACE.
- Has been solely based on SourceCred - which is designed to continue rewarding contributors whose work is like art, the value holds or even goes up over time.
- Distinct roles in GitHub / Dev for pull requests, approving and merging etc… these are tasks that affect Cred, but we don’t have KPI’s for how well we are doing that, quality vs. quantity
- How do we raise issues with SourceCred etc. ? Trace Dev team is not very satisfied. ID’s change, RR flags need to be checked monthly!
- Created to value community contributors who either do not get Reg Rewards or do something above and beyond the scope of their RR agreement.
- Monthly distributions based on Praise for one off and single month contributions only.
- Praising yourself for accomplishing something above and beyond - one time deals.
1.) EVERYONE: Review the information shared in this post and comment with your opinions, feelings and suggestions.
2.) Governance Working Group: Meet to review the feedback and develop a proposal for how to create a new tiered Contributor Reward process that meets the core needs of Giveth, supporting the Vision and Mission, and mapping it to how it addresses the goals of the Governance Circle>
3.) Gov WG Steward (or delegate): Present the Proposal to the Community for feedback (maybe a public poll) and revise as needed.
4.) Gov WG Steward (or delegate): Create a Vote for the rGIV DAO.
5.) Rinse and Repeat as necessary.