Support on the GIVpower contracts

Proposal Information

Proposal description:
I will be working along with @amin and @paxthemax on the new GIVpower contracts, which will allow GIV token holders to lock their GIV on Giveth Projects for a predefined amount of time, giving them relevance in the platform. For further information, you can check the spec document.

I already started working on this pull request:

Proposal Rationale

The GIVpower feature will provide a new use to the GIV token, decentralizing the curation of the best projects in the Giveth Platform in a sort of Token Curated Registry (TCR). This will connect even more the classical Giveth Projects with the new GIV economy, making a more integrated platform for Giveth users and GIV tokenholders.

Expected duration or delivery date (if applicable):
I will be involved on the writing of the contracts during April, and they should be mostly ready by the end of month.

Team Information (For Funding Proposals)

Names, usernames, and/or relevant social links for team members (Twitter, Github, Giveth Forum, etc.):

Skills and previous experience in related or similar work:
I’ve already helped @amin setting up the Unipool contract as a GIVgarden hook, which is similar to what I am going to do now. For further reference, I was the lead developer on the TEC Hatch and Commons Upgrade. I’m also a 1hive seed leading the development of the first implementation of Conviction Voting, still used today.

Funding Information (For Funding Proposals)

Amount of GIV requested:

23,000 GIV (~$7,500 at current price)

Ethereum address where funds shall be transferred:

0xDc2aDfA800a1ffA16078Ef8C1F251D50DcDa1065

More detailed description of how funds will be handled and used:

• ~70% will be swapped into stable coins.
  • ~30% will be kept in GIV and used for :zap: GIVpowering :cherry_blossom: Blossom Labs projects on Giveth (aka EVMcrispr and Osmotic Funding).
7 Likes

So happy to have your help with this @sem - you are an extremely valuable member of the team. Full support for whatever you need.

2 Likes

FYI @sem this has passed the minimum time requirements for advice process - you can move this proposal to a gardens funding request

1 Like

Great use of funds in the Garden - rewarding our rock stars.
Full yes for Sem and this request.

Thanks guys, the proposal is live on the garden!

2 Likes