Giveth @ The DAOist Mexico City - March 4th-5th

Giveth participated and proudly announced the GURVES for the first time in Paris last year (picture below show some of us there!) The third edition of the DAOist is taking place in Mexico City the 4th and 5th of March and we wanna be there!

The team offering to represent includes Mitch, Carlos, Lauren, Griff and me. We are thinking of asking the DAO to get us funding for flights and lodging as we believe doing a talk on the main stage and shilling our project will bring significant value! Also Carlos and me as native talkers will also focus to do it on spanish and get people involved. In the end this is the first conference focused consistently on DAOs and its impact for the future of organizations resonates with the values of our community.

Leave on the comments any idea or something cool that we should come up while we are there!

3 Likes

FYI also!!

Griff will be giving a talk on collaborative economics (Commons Stack/TEC-related)
and I will be giving a talk about Giveth!

We will have a bunch of t-shirts to give out as well, that are leftover from ETHdenver. Also! Giveth is a sponser of theDAOist so we have a HUGE 8’ x 3’ banner that we will have displayed prominently.

Looking at other ways to collaborate and add value there… in conversation with one of the organizers right now about hosting a side event/party (but not sure if we have time to coordinate it).

I think it’s super fair to request funds for flights and lodging because I think we’ll be able to leave a really nice impact here with such a strong team!!

3 Likes

The Giveth team had a blast at The DAOist Mexico!

Givethers (Mateo, Carlos, Lauren, Griff, Mitch) paid expenses like flights out of their own pockets and were reimbursed by Griff in xDAI. This is the breakdown of the expenses.

Expense Amount
Accommodation (Airbnb) 2,440.35
Flights 3,305.47
Giveth Swag From Printful 433.41
Dinner 202.21
Transportation and other expenses 703.42
Total 7,084.86

Amount of GIV requested: $7,084.86 worth of GIV

Ethereum address where funds shall be transferred: 0x839395e20bbB182fa440d08F850E6c7A8f6F0780

The amount requested will be from nrGIV in GIV tokens at the spot price when the vote is created.

Approve The DAOist Mexico 2022 Reimbursement

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

The vote is now up - Aragon

7084.86 - DAI requested
GIVprice - 0.356125393067154
blocknumber - 21276796
7084.86 ÷ 0.356125393067154
19894.2848163147 GIV requested

2 Likes

YES, I think Giveth chill nicely here. It is the reason why I’m here!

4 Likes