Home Office Allowance Proposal 2024

As the number of requests for home office allowance increases, based on the most recent Self-review feedback from our contributors, we believe it’s important to consider offering a home office allowance to support at this time of the year. Providing a home office allowance can help alleviate some of the financial burdens they are facing while also improving their overall productivity and well-being.

Building upon our previous efforts, we initiated a second round of home office allowances last year. However, acknowledging that some contributors may not have qualified or benefited from this support, we are committed to continuing this initiative. It is noted that this allowance is provided on an as-needed basis and dependent on market conditions.

With this, we propose that the home office allowance be offered to contributors who meet the following criteria:

ELIGIBILITY:

1. Contributors who have worked at least 6 months as of February 29, 2024.
  2. Allowance for full-time contributors is $1,000.
  3. Allowance for hourly/part-time contributors is $700.

FUNDING INFORMATION

The budget allocation and calculation of the allowance amount, please refer here and check this table below.

Name Allowance
Lauren 1000
Mitch 1000
Ashley 1000
Moenick 1000
Cherik 1000
Mateo 1000
Carlos 1000
Almond 1000
Maryjaf 1000
Mohammad Ranjbar 1000
Ramin 1000
Nicolas 1000
Nikola 700
Amin 700
Kay 700

HOME OFFICE ALLOWANCE DISPERSAL

• If the allowance is not fully consumed, this may be carried over the next year depending on market condition and as needed basis.
  • Generally, the allowance is spread over 2 years and will be reimbursed during batch payouts usually during end of Q1 (March-April).

ELIGIBLE ITEMS

Eligible items for reimbursement are anything related to setting up your home office properly such as:

1. Computers, laptops, headphones, desks, office chair, any ergonomic item, laptop stands, second monitor, mouse/mousepad, speakers, external hard disk, backpack, cables etc.
  2. Any item that will contribute to a comfortable and productive workspace.

GUIDELINE ON HOW TO CLAIM

1. Items eligible for reimbursement should be purchased from March 14, 2024 (date when this proposal will pass advice process). Items already bought and used are not eligible for reimbursement.
  2. Receipts or invoices should show the date of purchase.
  3. Deadline for submission of receipt will be on April 19, 2024. Reimbursement will be processed the first week of May 2024.
  4. Submit receipts for reimbursement in Expenses tab in Clockify. Please refer to the following details.

We believe that offering a home office allowance is a smart investment in our contributors and the future of Giveth. We look forward to discussing this proposal further and working together to find a solution that works for everyone.

Approve Home Office Allowance Budget $14,100

• YES
  • NO

0 voters

5 Likes

Thanks @Nicbals! I could use some home setup improvement :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Yay, me too!! Does antivirus count? I would say so, but it isn’t explicitely stated. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

@Nicbals I’m assuming THIRD monitors are cool too?? Asking for a friend.

3 Likes

Yes, this definitely counts! Including some other subscriptions that can help you with your work! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Of course! :grin: tell your friend it’s possible! :sweat_smile: :joy:

3 Likes

Thank you everyone for voting on this forum post. I believe we got enough votes to push forward with this. I will message those contributors who are eligible as a reminder. Thanks again! :hugs: