As per - Giveth Austerity Measures
We got a clear signal to begin exploring the NICE token as a token that would reward those who donated DAI, xDAI or other whiteliested tokens with $NICE.
The purpose of this post is to begin collecting ideas and create an initial plan to launch this token. I’ll begin with some reiterations and some of my own ideas to get the ball rolling.
Users who donate to Giveth via Giveth.io in Stables (DAI, xDAI) on mainnet or Gnosis Chain will have their donations recorded and filtered by an API. Every 2 weeks we will collect this info and mint NICE manually using the nrGIV DAO, similar to how the Commons Stack mints $TRUST, this can be done with about 4 lines of code thanks to @sem and EVMcrispr.
NICE will be a transferable token and matched 1:1 per $1 worth of stable donated.
Many, MANY options. We can pick a few solid ones and add more in over time as features.
- Buy Giveth Swag with NICE on Gnosis Chain
- Create a NICE Farm, rewarding NICE stakers with GIV when GIV Market Cap reaches $8 Million
- Create a “NICE Lounge” in Discord using Collab.land, access for token holders of +500 NICE
- Purchase Giveth PFPs with NICE
- Mint POAPs for different tiers of NICE holders
Not my area of expertise but a few ideas to chomp on:
- Create Top cumulative leaderboard of biggest donors to Giveth
- Bi-weekly promotion of top donors
- ??? Santa/Griff = NICE list, are you naughty or NICE?
Defining this part shouldn’t be a blocker for launch, let’s see how successful the first months are and we can make the smartest decision based on funding received.
- Save for emergency funding
- Create GIV/DAI liquidity
- Buyback GIV from OTC desk
- Lend it on open market for APY%
Please I want feedback and ideas here! I’ll leave this up for feedback and especially technical validation. This is super exciting that a great amount of you supported my idea and I’m stoked to see what we can cook up for Giveth with the NICE token!