Should we pilot using Dework?

Proposal description:

Pilot Dework to:

a) Prioritize development and manage bounties for Giveth and related projects.

b) Help WG stewards to manage bounties and attract builders and makers.

c) Incentivize community engagement.

Proposal Rationale

Currently, it’s not clear what features or related projects the community wants for Giveth and other builders to develop. Nor is it easy to start contributing by picking up defined tasks.

https://dework.xyz/ is a platform to “manage your tasks and bounties in one place. Get contributor applicants, sync with Discord, boost the reputation of contributors, and pay with your own DAO’s tokens.”

Dework is a great tool being used by 1hive, Shapeshift, Aragon Network and other DAOs for Bounty management and engaging with builders, makers and supporters.

The Dapp functionalities are very interesting including:
  • A bounties dashboard with payments in DAO and other tokens (including Gnosis network). Payments easily managed by managers and applications to tasks can be open, chosen by managers or applied through discord roles.

• Upvote community suggestions dashboard

• Integration to Github to create Dework tasks from Github issues and pull requests to tasks

• Integration to Discord to: Create a thread when a task is assigned with the comments, send message when task is created, Post status board with open tasks, post a status board with all community suggestions.

Proposed initial use cases:

a) Prioritize development and manage bounties for Giveth and related projects.

Collect ideas and suggestions in the Community suggestions dashboard, upvote and pass them to the backlog or to-do list once they’ve been supported.

Once on the backlog or to-do list, it’s rather easy to manage bounties. Furthermore, by having community suggestions and bounties management in one platform, builders can check out community suggestions and get inspired even before passing them to the bounties dashboard.

It’s not token-weighted as Tokenlog unfortunately, so the tradeoff would be less utility for the GIV token.

b) Make contributions to Giveth and related projects frictionless.

@MoeNick and I agree that migrating to Dework doesn’t feel like the right move ATM. But new issues and ideas could be connected to attract builders to contribute to Giveth.

The bounties dashboard is very easy to use and customizable. WG stewards can create bounties, use GIV and other DAO tokens to pay in a streamlined process, choose application procedures (including discord roles) and integrate to Discord to follow up easily and promote open bounties.

c) Incentivize community engagement.

@WhyldWanderer had a couple of amazing ideas of how we can incentivize community engagement:

For example, we could offer bounties in gLove for Swag to our community.

If you want a 10 min walkthrough of Dework check out the video on their landing page. If you want to see the DEMO that @MoeNick and I had with the Dework team here it is

3 Likes

Should we use Dework to prioritize development and manage bounties for Giveth and related projects?

• Yeah, lets try it out!
  • Maybe, I will write my comments
  • Nah, I will write my comments

0 voters

Should we use Dework to help WG stewards to manage bounties and attract builders and makers?

• Yeah, lets try it out!

0 voters

Should we use Dework to incentivize community engagement?

• Yeah, lets try it out!

0 voters

After you showed me the Dashboard, I think this is a great idea to start experimenting with.

It would give an easy path for people who want to start contributing but either aren’t ready for a work agreement or prefer to work in a more freelance fashion. It would also give us the opportunity to incentivize certain social behaviors from active followers and community members like interacting with our social media accounts, engaging with fellow community members, etc. Ive seen it in action at 1Hive and it seems to be working well for them.

I also really like the idea of being able to prioritize the development of new features based on the consensus of the community/stakeholders. Question: If we arent voting with GIV, what are the requirements voting? Can anyone vote? or would you need a role or be a token holder?

Thanks for exploring this idea Cotabe!! I think there is some great potential here.

2 Likes

Great suggestion @Cotabe !

There is a Dework workshop today in Metafest 2 at 7pm (UTC) - could be interesting for anyone wanting to find out more about this topic.
Attempting to paste Discord event link: Discord

1 Like