The Givers PFP collection - Initial sketches

hey everyone, looks like there’s a big difference in opinions. How about letting the dust settle with how to best move forward with this?

Please vote below…

Should we scrap PFP project?

Reasoning (from comments above): It’s taken almost a year to launch and taking away key resources from other bigger priorities, it’s not being managed well

• Yes- Kill PFP Project !
  • No - let’s tweak and finish this!

0 voters

Art design apart, which is something quite personal, there is no need to force launching if we feel our priorities are in other areas right now. Releasing the collection around Christmas was a great idea but we can wait and do it later if we need our resources to be focused on GIVPower right now. I believe giving utility to the NFTs as GIVPower boosting adds a lot of value to the collection.

2 Likes

I again find this poll misleading. I would be down to launch the PFP collection but perhaps at a later time since the launch for both would be too close together.

it’s an unfortunate double whammy of GIVpower being late and the PFP collection being late that caused this not so great timing.

We need to launch GIVpower, focus on that and make sure it works before theorizing alterations to it by adding PFPs into the mix, which is I think a critical functionality.

3 Likes

Totally agree with you @mitch & @santigs… and I find this poll misleading as well.

I do think this has the potential to add value, but with limited resources & aggressive timelines I would like to personally conserve my energy and focus it on GIVpower until that is closed, then revisit adding a PFP collection as new layer to project rank.

4 Likes

Hey sorry guys, that was not my intention…I should’ve modified “kill pfp” to “pause pfp” perhaps? Either way it sounds like we’re putting this project on hold. Thanks for the feedback.

I think Cotabe brought this up in the research call but… i think it would be really cool if you could pay extra to pick various traits… I assume this has been done before, but i would pay extra to have santa and caga tio in my Giveth PFP

Screen Shot 2022-11-10 at 7.50.41 AMScreen Shot 2022-11-10 at 7.51.34 AM

I bet @HBesso31 would throw down to get that sick mustache ;-D
Screen Shot 2022-11-10 at 7.50.05 AM

Not sure how much development scope that is… probably more than its worth, but it’s worth noting here even if it’s unreasonable

6 Likes

Not to wake the dead, but I’d like to inquire on the status of this collection: whether/when it’s coming out and such. Guess it’s still off the table for now? Just checking in.

We are working on the minting smartcontract and page.

Thanks @santigs Yes I guess I knew it was in devs. Maybe I’m just wondering about timeline and such? It’s ok if it’s still unclear. Any info is appreciated. Thank you.

I plan to join the coms meeting next week to update and see how we can coordinate, there is still no launching plan but we count on being ready in a few weeks.

1 Like